Treat patients utilizing specific knowledge and skills to provide services that help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease. Restore, maintain, and promote overall fitness and health.
- Review and evaluate patient’s medical history, and perform a thorough systematic evaluation.
- Collect objective data appropriately to formulate a skilled therapeutic treatment plan including, but not limited to, therapeutic exercise and activity, neuromuscular re-education, skilled manual therapy, modalities as needed, mechanical traction and any other appropriate interventions.
- Re-evaluate and assess patient’s progress during his/her rehabilitation process and properly make modifications.
- Consult with appropriate medical professionals including, but not limited to, the referring physician and his/her staff, specialists and other fitness/rehab professionals.
- Document daily visits including the Initial Evaluation and Re-evaluations following the guidelines of the APTA.
- Establish an understanding of the appropriate requirements of specific insurance companies for proper documentation and authorization requests (ie. Medicare Treatment Plans).
- Develop a relationship with referring physicians to establish a professional reputation with those physicians. Interactions include patient visits, surgery observation, and observing patients with MD.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Physical Therapy
- Connecticut Physical Therapy license
- One to two years physical therapy experience
- Acquired skills to work in an outpatient orthopedic/sports medicine environment
- Ability to maintain strict patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations
- Competent in the use of computer hardware and software
- Internet research experience
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a team player
- Strong desire and commitment to professional growth and development
Submit your resume now for an opportunity to join our dynamic team and be a part of a Top Workplace!