Greet patients and coordinate office visit, including scheduling, insurance, and maintaining patient records.
- Greet patients and direct them to appropriate staff.
- Schedule appointments and check-in patients upon arrival.
- Verify insurance coverage.
- Complete insurance forms and treatment plans for authorization.
- Collect outstanding balances, copayments and coinsurances.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Interact with patients to complete documents and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Maintain medical records and correspondence files, including attorney requests, insurance requests by case managers for Workers Compensation or private insurances.
- Operate office equipment such as fax and postage machines, copier and printer and use word processing, spreadsheets, and other software applications to prepare reports, case histories and medical records.
- Transmit correspondence and medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax.
- Perform various clerical and administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies or maintaining a supply of brochures and flyers.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years reception or medical billing experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Competent in the use of computer hardware and software
- Cognitive ability to research, obtain and understand information
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player
Submit your resume now for an opportunity to join our dynamic team and be a part of a Top Workplace!