Treat patients utilizing specific knowledge and skills to provide services that help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease. Restore, maintain, and promote overall fitness and health.
- Perform physical therapy treatment modalities as outlined by primary physical therapist’s treatment plan.
- Consult with primary physical therapist as necessary to coordinate care, required changes to the plan of care and required insurance authorizations.
- Consult with appropriate medical professionals including the referring physician and his/her staff, specialists and other fitness/rehab professionals.
- Document daily visits following the guidelines of the APTA.
- Establish an understanding of the appropriate requirements of specific insurance companies for proper documentation.
- Develop a relationship with referring physicians to establish a professional reputation with those physicians. Interactions include patient visits, surgery observation, observing patients with MD.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate’s degree in Physical Therapy Assistant
- Connecticut Physical Therapy Assistant license
- One to two years physical therapy assistant experience
- Acquired skills to work in an outpatient orthopedic/sports medicine environment
- Ability to maintain strict patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations
- Competent in the use of computer hardware and software
- Internet research experience
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a team player
- Strong desire and commitment to professional growth and development
Submit your resume now for an opportunity to join our dynamic team and be a part of a Top Workplace!